Integrated Math 3 Course Policies 2019-20 (Español)
Teacher: Elaina Ramer (Ms. Ramer)
- Phone: (831) 429-3810
- Email: email@example.com
- Classroom: M203
- Website: msramer.com
- Announcements: “Remind” code @math3ramer (Text code to 81010 or download app)
Office hours, times and location: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:45 – 3:15pm or by appointment, M203
Materials & Supplies
Textbook: College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM), Core Connections Integrated 3
- Two inch(2”) 3-ring binder
- 5 dividers
- Graph paper
- Lined Paper
- “TI-84 plus” graphing calculator
- Colored pencils
- Red ballpoint pen
Please see me if you have any trouble obtaining these materials for any reason.
Technology: Desmos is a graphing program that can be used as a smartphone app. or a webpage. If you’d like to use it outside of class, download the app or bookmark the webpage.
- Students will be in their seats & prepared for class when the bell rings.
- Students will participate fully in class activities, including team and individual assignments.
- Students will demonstrate respect for others through their words and actions.
- Students will do their part to keep the classroom clean and take good care of tools and supplies.
Food & Beverage Policy: Food and gum are not allowed in class. Drinks must have lids.
Cell Phones & Headphones: Headphones and phones should be turned off and kept in backpacks during class, unless the teacher indicates otherwise.
- If phones are used inappropriately, the school policy will be followed. Phone is confiscated until:
- 1st offense: Phone confiscated until the end of class.
- 2nd offense: Phone confiscated until the end of the school day.
- 3rd offense: Phone confiscated until the end of the following school day.
Grade Composition & Scale:
10% Team Assessments
40% Unit Exams
|A 90 – 100
B 80 – 89
C 70 – 79
D 60 – 69 (Does not meet prereq. for 4-year university.)
F Below 60% (No credit.)
Classwork & Homework Policies
- All work must be done in pencil.
- Any work that is not finished in class becomes homework.
- Assignments are due at the beginning of class for full credit.
- Students who are absent are responsible for making up any missed assignments. Students should visit the classroom website, ask peers and check with the teacher for missed work.
- Students with excused absences will receive one extra day to complete missed work.
- In order to receive full credit, students must make a reasonable effort and present their work neatly. No credit will be lost for incorrect answers.
- Late work is accepted until the end of the unit.
- Team Assessments are designed to challenge students beyond what they would be expected to accomplish individually. Students are assessed on content knowledge, teamwork, and communication. In most cases, all members of a team will receive the same grade.
- Quizzes are short, individual assessments given approximately every 2 weeks, based on recent homework problems and review material. Retakes are not allowed. The lowest quiz score each semester will be dropped.
- Unit Exams are individual assessments given at the end of each unit and cover material described in the “learning plan” for that unit. Students who want to improve their grade may retake an exam at least once.
- Final Exam score is included in unit exam category. The final includes multiple choice and short answer questions and is given during finals week at the end of each semester.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the teacher about making up an assessment if they are absent on a test/quiz day.
Academic Honesty: I encourage students to work together and help each other on their assignments. However, copying another person’s work is unacceptable. If it is apparent that a homework assignment, project, or assessment has been copied, students and their guardian(s) will be asked to have a conference with the teacher and a school administrator.